How to Make Your Doll a Pet Snake

I've already made this myself and you will see pictures soon, don't worry. I will post them today or tomorrow on Instagram. I decided to make this because American Girl's snake costs $30; and I thought I should share with you a way to make something similar. (kind of) It's super easy and I hope you enjoy!

Supplies:        
- a small, glass, cage-like-thing
- Model Magic (or air dry clay or Play-Dough)
- fake leaves (you will probably have to cut them so they are the correct size)
- small twigs that will fit in your cage
- acrylic paint in colors of your choice
- tinfoil or plastic wrap
- black permanent marker
- Mod Podge (optional)


Steps:
1: Mold you Model Magic into the shape of a snake. Make sure that it can fit into your cage.
2: Paint your snake with the acrylic paint. You may mix Mod Podge with the acrylic paint if you'd like to make the snake better quality and more realistic.
3: Let the paint dry.
4: Add eyes to the snake with a permanent marker.
5: Put the snake in the cage.
6: Add the fake leaves and twigs to the cage. (trust me, you want to put the snake in first)
7:  Put either tinfoil or plastic wrap over the top of the cage. 
8: Poke holes in the lid you just made so the snake can "breathe".

I hope this was helpful!

Thanks for reading!!!
~The American Girl Theory



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Future of This Blog and American Girl

Regarding the Quality Change Rumors

What Time Period Will Be American Girl's Next Historical?