Future of This Blog and American Girl

        Look, I never wanted to make this post. I wasn't planning on making a post addressing this until yesterday. Anyways, flashback to yesterday, my friend informed me that the AG store closest to where I live is closing. Now, before I talk about the future of this blog, I want to talk about American Girl. I know that people, including myself, are upset about the closing of the Boston and MOA AG stores. But here is why I think this could be a good thing for American Girl. Firstly, in my opinion every American Girl store except for the AG Places should close. I just feel like this would be best for American Girl since it could help them save some money. Another thing is that I feel like American Girl just kind of needs to restart. I've said it before and I'll say it again, American Girl just isn't marketing to the right audience. Even if younger kids are going to American Girl more, it would help if AG would market better. For example, people 12 and up would spend more then younger kids are now. (I hope that makes sense.) American Girl is bringing 2006-2014 instead of 2019. Also, side note, I really wish AG would have a collection that was inspired by some of their original American Girl Today/Truly Me stuff. Those clothes are some of my favorites. Anyways, back to the topic. I feel like American Girl needs a section of employees in their headquarters who just figure out what the fans are thinking about them. Because sure, a company can acknowledge a problem, but if they don't address the problem they just look stupid. I don't mean finding a solution to the problem right that moment, I mean simply acknowledging that there is a problem. For instance, instead of being silent about the quality of eyes for at least a good 6 months, they could have simply said the following : "We notice that our fans are not content with the quality of the new eyes of our dolls, and we are currently in the process of finding a solution. Please note that this may take some time." It would be that simple. Now sure, we can have these opinions, but if we aren't sharing them with others nothing will happen. That's part of the reason I have this blog, so I can bring attention to things that I don't think are right. And with American Girl changing, I feel like it's the perfect opportunity to let this blog change.

          Now look, I'm not meaning any drastic changes. I just need to point some things out that may change with the closings of 2 American Girl stores on March 20th. I'm the type of person who tries their best to think realistically. For instance, we need to acknowledge that there is a possibility that American Girl could fully close in the near future. With that, I have decided that even if American Girl closes I will still hold on to my dolls and possibly even occasionally post on here. This spring I will be selling some doll outfits I have (not all AG) and Elanor. I will either sell the items on Craigslist or Ebay. (If anyone has any other sites I could sell things on please let me know.) Now, in March is when I plan to be making actual changes. For instance, I want to start talking more about the changes I feel American Girl needs to make. The majority of American Girl fans are fairly young, but that doesn't mean we can't help American Girl get back up again. So in 2019, I want to help this community of fans help American Girl. So, I have made a Google Form where you can submit things that you think American Girl should change and I can comment on them, such as things I agree and disagree with. https://goo.gl/forms/eMrZXIiiAQIaG0Q22 Anyways, here are some post ideas I have, let me know your opinions on these ideas!


  • What I'm Going to Sell and Price Ideas
  • AG Outfits I Plan on Eventually Getting
  • The Big Thing That Could Move American Girl Towards the Better 

Sorry this post was so long, if you have any ideas on how American Girl could change or on how we could get these opinions out to American Girl, feel free to submit them into the Google Form! And if you have any ideas on how this blog could change, put them into the comments!

Thank you all so much for reading!!!
~Ella

Comments

  1. I’m sad about the Boston store closing, that was my closest store :c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really hoping there will be some last minute changes, even though I know that isn't going to happen.

      Delete
  2. Noo I really don't want AG to close! I would die, that would be terrible! So sad some stores are closing :(

    Also
    What doll is Elanor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's my custom Our Generation doll! I think I have pics of her somewhere on this blog, sooommmeeewwwhhheeerrrreeee................

      Delete
  3. I am straight up gonna cry if this blog closes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reeeeaaalllly hope I'll never have to close it. I would probably keep it up and create a blog for different doll things. Or a blog for stories. Also thank you!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BLAIRE FURNITURE AND ACCESSORIES LEAKS!!!!!!

What Will Estelle Look Like?

Rainy Day (Blaire Short Story #1)