American Girl is Getting Away from Tradition

Remember when the Girl of the Year character was only available for 1 year? You can still get Gabriela and let me tell you, I'm very upset. In the most recent catalog this is stated: "Luciana Vega doll will be available in 2018 and beyond." LIKE WHAT????????!!!!!!!????????  Just, no, no, no, no, no. I'm seriously debating starting a petition. Like at this point they are just releasing a contemporary character on January 1st. It used to be a WAY bigger deal. I just don't get it. Please tell me what you think in the comments and in my new poll.

Thanks for reading!!!
~The American Girl Theory

Comments

  1. I love the BeForever American Girl dolls. But I think that there is a need for more a collection of more modern American Girl dolls that show girls pursuing their dreams in so many ways. Luciana Vega is the perfect example. The first STEM girl who wants to be an astronaut and go to Mars. I'm glad she will be available to other girls beyond 2018. Sally Ride was the first American woman in space. Luciana reminds me of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. For Luciana it makes much more sense than it does for Gabriela. American Girl didn't even tell us. I just feel like then American Girl should either completely end Girl of the Year, rename it, or have the character be around for just one year. I'm not talking just Luciana, I mean Gabriela and characters 2019 and beyond as well. I have mixed feelings about how long Luciana will be available.

      Delete
    2. Maybe they should just end the "Girl of the Year" thing and start a "Modern Girl" collection. That way they have "Truly Me", "BeForever" and "Modern Girl". Adding to these collections only when they are ready with a new release that is ready and special. I feel so lucky to have both Nanea and Luciana. It was like AG knew the girls I wanted more than anything!

      Delete
    3. That would actually be a really cool name for a "new" line. I agree.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BLAIRE FURNITURE AND ACCESSORIES LEAKS!!!!!!

What Will Estelle Look Like?

Rainy Day (Blaire Short Story #1)