Why I'm Not Going to Blaire's Pre-Release

      Firstly, sorry for not posting very much this month. Also, thank you all so much for visiting this blog so much this month! I truly was not expecting it. Anyways here is why I chose not to go to Blaire's little pre-release thing tomorrow.

       I wasn't able to find information about the event on American Girl's site, so here's what I remember about the pre-release.


  1. You get Blaire.
  2. It's really expensive.
Now, based off of this information, here are the reasons I chose not to go.


  1.  What if Blaire is bad quality? And even if not all of her is bad quality, what if they just hand you the doll and that's the one you get?
  2. It's expensive.
  3. It sounds more fun to just get her January 1st. I don't know with this one really, I just like seeing other people who are excited to get Blaire. Sure, probably everyone else in the American Girl "community", for say, will get Blaire tomorrow but that doesn't mean I have to. 
Those are the reasons I'm not getting Blaire tomorrow. Are you getting Blaire tomorrow? Also, I'm just going to delete the Blaire site, I never used it anyways. 

Comments

  1. I care about quality. I care about diversity. I was wondering if you saw how much hate there was about Blaire being white. It’s astounding and awful. Why do people have to act this way? Racism works either way. Everyone is beautiful, so why don’t everyone treat each other despite skin color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you regarding quality and diversity. I have also seen all of the hate due to Blaire's race, which upsets me as well. I understand why people are upset though, the majority of the world is made up of people of color, so they want that shown. Plus, American Girl seemed to be slowly getting better at making DOCs. Although I do wish she was a DOC, I can tell that she will have an incredible story and I am very excited for her release. :)

      Delete
    2. I’m not saying I don’t like doc’s, there beautiful. I agree with you that AG is doing a great job in including diversity. But that shouldn’t be just contributed to DOCs. I would like to see dolls with disabilities, dwarfism, facing adversity. Or a doll
      (Character) with Alopecia. Still really want to see a character with that. Anyway thanks for listening to my tea Xd

      Delete
    3. Entirely agree! I really do feel like people a bit too wrapped up in the DOCs. Not saying DOCs are bad or anything, just other things can get attention too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BLAIRE FURNITURE AND ACCESSORIES LEAKS!!!!!!

What Will Estelle Look Like?

Rainy Day (Blaire Short Story #1)