My Experience At the AG Benefit Sale Part 1

 Vendors and Hidden Mattel Store



      First of all, I'm internally screaming. I have #4, who I named Fern, you'll see her on Sunday or Monday. Second, I think I saw Des from Once Upon an American Girl on Instagram. Let me fill you in on how I got #4. So, it was around 8:40 probably and I went to see vendors. The first vendor I went to is where I got Fern. So, the vendor had a lot of archived stuff. I decided to ask her if she had #4. She said she had one and she brought her over. She's super good quality and her limbs are kinda loose, but not as bad as a doll I once got who was new. She has a little pen mark under her bangs, which is fine with me. After going to the vendors I went to a store at the American Girl headquarters. It's open to the public. It's towards the back, you just have drive into the parking lot and you should see a sign. They have Mattel stuff that isn't American Girl and some old American Girl stuff. I got 2 outfits, the Merry Magenta outfit and Kit's Floral Print Dress. They were both half off. Back to the vendors, I also got a homemade dress for Fern, it's really pretty. If you ever get #4, magenta and purple look really pretty on her. I'm gonna clean her vinyl off with a magic eraser once I get back home. Also, I didn't say hi to Des, because I didn't want to say hi just for it not to be her. The vendors were so cool to see what they made.

Actual Sale

      So we headed back at 12:30 and got there around 12:50. We looked at the vendors some more and I got 3 doll drinks. Then we lined up for our time at about 1:25. We were in section b. Then we went inside. I will tell you, it's not as big and chaotic as you'd expect. I got 3 outfits and a mix and match set, you'll see it all on Monday. That's really all I got inside, they had so many dolls still left and I was one of the last groups. Logan and Z were already sold out by the time we got inside, but I didn't want them so it didn't matter. It was really fun.

Other Details

      So, make sure not to miss vendors. Only vendors who make there own stuff are allowed in the "vendor area". A little ways out (close to where people park) there are vendors who sell older dolls. Some dolls these vendor sold were Lindsey, Kanani, Ruthie, Nellie, Elizabeth, Felicity, and more. Also, people often park in the street. Yes, there is room. It isn't nearly as packed as you'd expect. I will probably going for just a little bit tomorrow, I don't think I'll go back in the warehouse since there wasn't a whole lot I was interested in. I will probably go back to some vendors, though. I will definitely be going back next year. I'll most likely show Fern tomorrow and everything else I got on Sunday. It was super fun and just being surrounded with a bunch of other people who were also obsessed with American Girl. The majority of the people there are probably 14-30. Just another reason why American Girl should market to older audiences. I'll probably not be there very much tomorrow, if at all. If it's super warm and humid or raining, I won't be going. Otherwise, I probably will. I'll still probably bring Fern instead though. Her vinyl needs to be cleaned. I also got an empty doll box to make into her bed. The sale was extremely organized, which was nice. I think the main reason I loved it so much was because it was a bunch people like me, and back home no one my age really likes American Girl anymore. There's just a really nice feeling about it. Also, a lot of people there asked me about Sabrina's wig. Back home in my states store, I don't bring Sabrina anymore because I felt like I was getting weird looks, here people genuinely thought she was cool. I really liked that. I could just keep raving about the sale forever, but I'll have more to rave about tomorrow. Like I truly have nothing bad to say about the AG Benefit Sale. There's plenty to go around, don't worry. Sorry this was such a long post I'll try and post twice tomorrow. I didn't today because I expected to have time to but I didn't. 

Thank you so much for reading!!!
~Ella


Comments

  1. I wouldn't use a magic eraser. I did that and all the color came off my dolls lips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, weird! I've used it before and I haven't had any problems. I wonder why. Either way, I didn't put it on her lips so she's alright. Also, a tip, if your doll doesn't have any color on her lips you can always use a washable marker. Test it on her foot just to make sure.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BLAIRE FURNITURE AND ACCESSORIES LEAKS!!!!!!

What Will Estelle Look Like?

Rainy Day (Blaire Short Story #1)