Holly and the Ukulele Ch. 1

Look, I don't know how this will go, but I want to try it out. I will post ch. 2 next week. Also, I don't have any other chapters filled out. I wrote this like a year and a half ago. (In Feb., not Dec. (when I'm writing this.) So, I decided, after ch.2. I will make a Google Form where you guys can make the next chapter. Here's chapter 1. (Also I don't really like this story.)


Holly and the Ukulele

Chapter 1: The Box

        I quickly opened the box. It was from Nanea, my pen-pal. Every Christmas we exchanged gifts. We had started doing it 5 years earlier; in 1937, when we were 6. Inside of the box was a letter, which read:


          Dear Holly, I hope you enjoy this gift! Are you excited for January 1st? I sure am.
Your Friend,
Nanea Mitchell

         Every January 1st we would meet each other. We normally met in her hometown of Honolulu. But that year, it was different. We had to meet in my town of (Insert some random state and city here, if I posted the actual thing I wrote it would have my state. So.....) We were meeting where I lived due to the attack. Our parents helped us become friends because they have been friends since they were 6. I opened the package to find a little ukulele. It was a pineapple ukulele with plumeria and hibiscus painted onto its wood. Nanea had always wondered what the lake water looked like here. (Don't ask why I wrote that, I don't know okay.) So I had put some into a jar and sent it to her as a Christmas present. I had also sent her a flute because that was the instrument I played. (2 things. 1. Holly is quite clearly based on me. 2. Why was she spending that much money on Nanea? Flutes are expensive!)  
            The phone rang. It was Nanea. I said, "Hello Nanea! I love the gift you sent me. It's just lovely." 
            She responded with, "Thank you. But I have to tell you some bad news."
            "What is it? Is everyone alright?"
            "The nation isn't alright, but my family is. I know what you meant though. The news is that we won't be able to see each other this year. My father says we should stay here to help others. I'm really sorry, but you know how it is here right now. I tried to explain that you'd be fine here, but no one listened."
             "Try telling them that I said I'd be fine and that I'd love to help."
             "I'll try, I'll call you once I get a response." She then hung up.


That's chapter 1. I hope you enjoyed? I don't know okay. This really isn't great. I edited it a bit and added a bit to attempt to make it more enjoyable. I really need to re-read the Nanea stories, I don't even remember her siblings names. Also there are some things I need for the story, it'll make sense in the next chapter. So, if you want, fill out this form: https://goo.gl/forms/2cctYAeAIi5xHnwq2

Thank you so much for reading!!!
~Ella 

Comments

  1. This is awesome! I love your short storys.

    I would love to see Holly battle with depression and use Nanea’s letters to keep her spirits up. Why does she have depression? Idk, but I’d love someone to relate with.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BLAIRE FURNITURE AND ACCESSORIES LEAKS!!!!!!

What Will Estelle Look Like?

Rainy Day (Blaire Short Story #1)