American Girl is Lazy (CYO)

    Before we get into the actual post, I decided I'd update a bit since I haven't posted since April 28th. I still exist, I still love dolls. But quite frankly, American Girl just confuses me. (I guess that's the update.) I mean, as I'm writing this I realized that the whole Create-Your-Own thing is kind of just a lazy way of American Girl not having to be creative. I mean, come on, you could create SO many new dolls with it. I mean, yeah, you can make more D.O.C.s, but how much will it cost you. $200. TWO-HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!! Why? Now, I have decided to see how much a normal Truly Me would cost (if that's even what they're called anymore, I don't know, it's been changed too much. Here's all that for you, I had to do some other stuff too, so here's that whole thing (Sorry for mixing tenses):

AG Doll: $115

    I mean, you don't have to get any extras if you don't want to. And we also all know that American Girl prices stuff way higher than they should. I don't know really what else to say. I mean, if you have any of the older AG stuff (2015 and earlier I would say) you know how it's REALLY good quality. This is just part of the reason why I love AG's late 90s and early 2000s stuff. The other reason is because it's doesn't (in my opinion) look as little-kid-ish. I may post on this more next month. 
     Speaking of which, let's talk about next month. Last year, I posted stuff about my dolls and such. This year, I plan on talking more on systems to help with buying and selling dolls and talking about old AG, maybe some of my favourite old items and such. If there is anything else you'd like me to post about, let me know. (comment) That's really all I have to say for this post.

Thanks for reading!!!
~Ella

Comments

  1. American girl is not lazy they simply created that so that girls could truly have a doll that looked like them. It would be so hard to make all those dolls to add in the truly me line that they will have to retire more and more to put in the different ones such as ones with pixies, etc. so that girl that did have truly mes that looked like them the truly me would get retired. I believe this is american girl's way of letting a girl truly have a look alike doll. This CYO line is not AG's way of being lazy unless being lazy is making it so that you put together custom dolls that you have to do precisely so that it actually looks like the girl the put her in the box with a CUSTOM tag. You're welcome to have your own opinion and probably nothing I can say can change your mind about the CYO doll line is AG's way of being lazy. However I thought I would voice my opinion too.

    Thank you for taking your time to listen to my opinion and I hope it hasn't offended anyone for that was surly not my purposes.

    Sincerely,
    AGlover123

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. you did make some good points.

      Delete
    2. I just at least feel like they should've released some other dolls before CYO. I just feel like it's also important to show people that there have been people like them in the past as well, and that others are going through the same things as them. I guess I just wish they'd release some more historical characters. I mean, that's really the aspect that got me into American Girl and into writing I would say.

      Delete
    3. Yeah I guess your right. Sorry if I miss understood you.

      Sincerely,
      AGlover123

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BLAIRE FURNITURE AND ACCESSORIES LEAKS!!!!!!

What Will Estelle Look Like?

Rainy Day (Blaire Short Story #1)